Offered by the Religious Institute
February 3 – April 28, 2019
“I have greatly enjoyed this course: the way it took on the subject honestly and openly, the resources provided, and the emphasis on self-examination and reflection. The course has made me think differently about sexuality, power, sex, communication, and so many more dimensions of working in community.” – student comment
The course was developed for Unitarian Universalist religious educators, although the majority of the course would be of great benefit to any religious educator who would like to become more sexually healthy and responsible. The course can be included as a continuing education learning experience for Unitarian Universalist religious educators in the RE Credentialing program.
- understanding personal values and history
- components of sexual identity
- child/adolescent sexual development
- life behaviors of a sexually healthy adult
- dealing with attraction and boundaries
- sexually healthy RE classrooms
- pastoral care around sexuality issues
- sexuality education in faith communities
- public witness on sexual justice
Registration and more information
The course takes approximately 30 hours to complete (plus 1 to 2 hours of reading per week), is a blend of interactive and self-directed learning, and draws on the strengths of peer learning in an online community setting. For optimal learning, students should expect to spend 3 to 5 hours per week (including reading) on the course over the 12 week session.
- Fees: $125 to audit, $200 to receive a certificate of completion
- The course runs from February 3 to April 28, 2019.
- For more information, email Kentina Washington Leapheart, or call (203) 222-0055.