Offered by the Religious Institute
October 6-December 30, 2019
“I have greatly enjoyed this course: the way it took on the subject honestly and openly, the resources provided, and the emphasis on self-examination and reflection. The course has made me think differently about sexuality, power, sex, communication, and so many more dimensions of working in community.” -Student comment
The course was developed for Unitarian Universalist ministers and candidates. It helps fulfill the sexuality education, health, and justice competency for UU candidates for ministry and meets the requirement for a sexual harassment prevention/boundaries learning experience.
- understanding personal values and history
- components of sexual identity
- sexual development
- life behaviors of a sexually healthy adult
- dealing with attraction and boundaries
- pastoral care around sexuality issues
- sexuality education in faith communities
- preaching/worship on sexuality issues
- public witness for sexual justice
Registration and more information
The course takes approximately 30 hours to complete (plus 1 to 2 hours of reading per week), is a blend of interactive and self-directed learning, and draws on the strengths of peer learning in an online community setting. For optimal learning, students should expect to spend 3 to 5 hours per week (including reading) on the course over the 12 week session.
- Fees: $125 to audit, $200 to receive a certificate of completion
- For more information contact the Religious Institute by email or call 203-222-0055.
- Please refer to the following course outline: Sexuality Issues for UU Ministers Course Outline Spring 2018 (forthcoming)