The Religious Institute is no longer accepting applications for this position.
The Religious Institute is hiring! We’re looking for a program director. This is a full time position that is location flexible. It involves 25%-35% travel.
The Religious Institute is seeking a program director to join its staff, beginning in May 2016. The program director reports to the president/CEO and will develop, direct, and implement programs in the areas of reproductive justice, sexual abuse prevention, LGBTQ justice, and sexuality education.
The Religious Institute is a multifaith non-profit organization that advocates for sexual health, education, and justice in faith communities and society. The Religious Institute is located in Westport, CT. This position is location flexible, with monthly meetings in Westport expected.
- Develop, direct, and implement programs.
- Manage budgets and write and manage grants for assigned programs.
- Represent the Religious Institute through training, teaching, and presentations on sexuality and religion.
- Work with president and staff to assist with fundraising and communications tasks such as e-newsletters and social media.
- Represent the Religious Institute with organizational partners.
- Maintain, facilitate, and improve online courses and webinars.
- Direct research and publication projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s in relevant field desirable
- Experience in the field of sexuality education or sexual and reproductive health
- 3-5 years’ experience in program implementation and management in a nonprofit organization
- Demonstrated commitment to sexual justice
- Familiarity with faith-based organizations or religious institutions
- Experience in public speaking and writing for publication
- Experience in event planning desirable
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills required to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in setting priorities and capacity to work independently on multiple projects
- Able to use relevant software including MS Office, Google Docs, Google Sheets, as well as software required for remote work
- Skills in writing for and managing social media
- Familiarity with WordPress, Formstack, Survey Monkey or similar programs desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team
- Excellent oral communication, editing, and writing skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Three weeks of personal leave per year. One additional week (approximately) when RI offices are closed between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Offices close on federal holidays. One to two holidays are exchanged per year for non-federal holidays per all staff agreement.
- Group health insurance. 100% of premium paid.
The Religious Institute is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from transgender persons and people of color.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.