Dear Friend of the Religious Institute:
How can you make a difference in the new political landscape? As the U.S. Congress and state legislatures throughout the country begin new sessions, they will be dominated by attacks on women’s rights, LGBTQ equality, family planning and abortion services. We know that conservative voices will be pushing to restrict sexual and reproductive rights using a fundamentalist rhetoric of faith to bolster their positions. You know that they don’t speak for all people of faith. You can help change the conversation.
The Religious Institute is needed more than ever in the coming year to raise your voices of faith across the U.S. We must demonstrate that religious leaders and people of faith support the full welcome, inclusion and embrace of LGBTQ people; sexuality education for people of all ages; and access to family planning and abortion services. We count on you to be a strong faithful voice for sexual health, education and justice.
In addition to supporting our advocacy efforts, your year-end donation – or monthly automatic gift — will assure that the Religious Institute can:
- Develop a new outreach initiative in the Bible Belt to motivate and engage Southern religious leaders in speaking out for LGBTQ equality and reproductive justice
- Work with at least 40 seminaries and denominations on how to be sexually healthy and responsible, including taking prophetic stands on sexual justice;
- Educate more than 300 future clergy from diverse traditions to respond to congregants’ needs around sexuality issues;
- Create a new national initiative to prevent sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and sexual abuse in congregations across the theological spectrum; and
- Provide resources to more than 20,000 people of faith and religious leaders to speak out for sexual and reproductive justice.
As a small organization, we simply cannot do this work without your support. I hope you will renew or increase your gift to us. We need to raise $50,000 from individual donors for the coming year: I am counting on each of you to assure we reach our goal. You can make your gift directly online here.
We need you to once again partner with us in the coming year. Thank you for your support! Warmest wishes for the holidays and the New Year.
Rev. Debra Haffner
President and CEO
P.S. I hope you’ll take this opportunity to renew or increase your tax deductible gift to the Religious Institute today. PLEASE DONATE HERE. You can also send us a check to Religious Institute, 21 Charles Street, Suite 140, Westport, CT 06880. Thank you for your ongoing support of the Religious Institute!